Chapter 2: Adel's Threat

But Chibikan could not sleep. She tried but it just wouldn't come. All of the sudden the rest of the room disappeared and she was standing alone in a dark abyss. It held a very evil power. It was so strong. She reached for her sword which was glowing intensely. Then a voice began to be heard.

"Who's there? Where am I? Why am I here?" Chibikan yelled into the darkness. She was frightened out of her mind.

Without warning an unsightly lady appeared in front of her. Chib did her best to hide her fear.

"I am the Sorceress Adel."

"What do you want with me?"

"Oh, nothing much, just your sword."

"You mean this old piece of junk? You would be paying me to take it back after an hour, I'm sure."

"Do you know the power that the sword contains?"

"I have witnessed the power before. That's why I'm not going to give it to you."

"Listen girl, you couldn't possibly control the whole of the power so why not give it to someone who will use it properly?"

"No. You're wicked I know what you'll use it for."

"I know you. There has to be something that I could use against you in order to get that sword. Ah. How about your precious Chikyuu? Or how about your new husband? Or, I know, I know, that young prince you're always clinging to? I can see why, too. He's cute."

"You leave him alone."

"Oh, I will, once you give me that sword."

"Never."

"Very well. Next time we meet it won't be to negotiate. I will get that sword. Bye."

Suddenly Chibi was back in her room, sitting up. The sun had risen and everyone was downstairs.

"Phew, just a dream."

But when Chib got up she saw that the sword was glowing just as it had been in the dream. She picked it up and her whole body began glowing.

"Ahhh!!!!" She yelled as an unforeseen power entered her. Then, out of the blue, she heard another voice. Yet this one sounded friendlier and more pleasant.

"The chosen one has arrived." The voice declared.

Chib all at once threw the sword onto the bed. It then stopped glowing. Her friends burst into the room. Chib grabbed onto Sephiroth. Her eyes as wide as silver dollars.

"Chib, what is it?"

"The sword. It glowed and when I picked it up something entered my body and I heard a voice saying 'chosen one has arrived'. It scared me."

"That's not surprising, almost anything scares you Chib." Renosky mocked.

"But this time it was really scary. And I had a nightmare. I was in this abyss and there was an evil sorceress named Adel. She tried to get me to give her the sword. When I refused she threatened first Chikyuu, then you, Sephiroth, then she threatened to hurt you, Vegeta. When I woke up I was convinced it was only a dream. Then this other thing with the sword happened. Now I'm not so sure. I'm so frightened that I might lose one of you."

"You are right to be terrified." Adel said making an unanticipated appearance. "After all I am 10x stronger than each of you."

"Leave us alone. I will never give you the sword."

"Oh, I think you will once you hear my little proposal."

"Oh, no thanks, I'm already married."

"Ha ha ha. Very funny."

"I thought it was."

"Well maybe you should hear what I have to say."

Adel then looked over her shoulder at my friends and shot a blast of energy toward them. All of a sudden a dome formed trapping them inside.

"What is that? You'd better let them out of there!"

"Oh, that's just an energy field that will suck out all their power thus ending their lives. And I'll let them out of there once you give me the Star Sword. And you had better do it quickly because your friends will only last so long in there."

"I will never give you the sword. Hold on guys, I'll get you out of there!" Chibikan screamed while striking the dome.

Just as she struck the field a surge of voltage hit each one of Chib's friends. Their screams of pain could be heard all the way to the Son house.

Goku stood straight up.

"Goku, what is it?" Chichi asked.

"There's evil in the air. Go wake Gohan and Goten. They will need to fight this time as well."

"Goku are you sure? Maybe you're merely being exceedingly paranoid."

"I'm 100% certain about this. Not only is there a precarious force but I believe I just heard every one of my friends scream their loudest. Including Ren, and she hardly ever screams but when she does you can tell. Trust me, I have had experience with things like this. Now awaken the kids. I'm going to consult with King Kai. Maybe he'll know what's up. King Kai! Hey, King Kai!"

"Oh Goku, good to hear from you. How have you been?"

"I'm fine, but there is something wrong. Do you know anything?"

"What do you mean 'wrong'?"

"I just heard my friends scream and they're all at the Capsule Corp. I'm here at home in the forest. Anything seem wrong with that?"

"Well I could look into it. Hold on a minute. (after a few minutes) You're right, Goku. They are in trouble. And the adversary appears to be a girl this time. And the others are all, except for a girl who is holding a sword, in an energy draining field."

"Oh, that's Chibikan. But thanks for the info."

"Dad, why did you have Mom get us up so early? Especially on a Saturday."

"Kids, get dressed in your gi's. We're going over to Capsule Corp. Something's wrong."

Meanwhile at the Tsukino home...

"Serena wake up. Serena. Come on, wake up."

"Oh, just 5 more minutes, Mom."

"SERENA! WAKE UP!!!" Luna yelled finally.

Serena still didn't waken.

"Hey, Serena wake up. Darien's here to see you."

"What, where, where? Oh, Luna why did you wake me up? It's Saturday. What's that?" Serena asked after seeing the light of an evil soul enveloping the Capsule Corp.

"That's why I woke you up so early on a Saturday. Something's wrong over there, so transform and call the others."

"Right. MOON COSMIC POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Serena yelled and in less than 2 seconds in Serena's place stood the Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon.

She picked up a communicator. "Hey guys, something's up over at Capsule Corp. Meet me over there ASAP."

"Right."

Back at Capsule Corp.

Chibikan was doing all she could to try and free her friends but each time she even so much as touched the stupid prison-like dome her friends were all struck with a surge of electricity. They had all begun to collapse to the ground. Finally Chib turned to their jailer.

"Let them go now."

"Of course. Once you hand over the sword."

Chib looked over at her friends. They were in pain and if they weren't freed soon they would die. She flew directly at Adel.

"Super Heart Star Ball Blast!" Chib yelled throwing a ball of energy at her enemy who simply batted it away.

Adel then shot a beam at Chibikan who was instantly thrown into the wall of the dome. More screams erupted from her friends.

Chib saw that she was directly in front of Vegeta. In his eyes were something she probably wouldn't ever see again, tears.

"Vegeta, I don't know what else to do. Adel, I'll give you the sword. Just let them go."

"You go first."

"No, you go first."

"No, you first."

"No, you first."

"Okay, stop this squabble. How 'bout this. You lay the sword in front of my feet and as soon as the blade touches the ground I will remove the dome."

"You won't be getting anything, Negatrash." A voice yelled. Sailor Moon landed in front of Chib. "How dare try to ruin happy lives. I am Sailor Moon, Champion of Justice. I shall right all wrongs and destroy all evil, and that means you. In the name of the moon I shall punish you."

"And I am Sailor Mars. In the name of Mars I will punish you!"

"On behalf of Mercury I will punish you. I am Sailor Mercury."

"For the spirit of Jupiter I will punish you. I am Sailor Jupiter."

"I am Sailor Venus. I shall punish you on behalf of Venus."

"Sailor Scouts! You came to help."

"They're not the only ones. Hey sis, how the others faring?"

"Not very good. They're getting weaker. Brother, I'm afraid. What if we can't win."

"Didn't anyone ever tell you not to think negatively. Now let's see if we can't break this dome down and free our friends."

"But I've tried. Every time something so much as strokes the walls Vegeta and the others receive a jolt of voltage thus further causing them to lose more and more energy."

"Did you try using the sword?"

"No. I will though."

Chib ran and picked up the sword which was once again glowing. She held it up towards the heavens.

"I call upon the power of the stars. Convert to healing energy and release my friends. Star Sword Strike." Chib yelled, striking the dome with the weapon.

The moment the blade hit the wall the dome dispersed.

"It worked. I can't believe it."

"NO!!!" Adel yelled. "I am not leaving without that sword!" Adel powered up an attack and sent in Chib's direction.

"Mars Celestial Fire Surround"

"Mercury Shine Aqua Illusion"

"Venus Love Chain Encircle"

"Jupiter Thunderclap Zap"

The attacks hit Adel all at once, causing her attack to dissolve. She turned towards the scouts.

"Now, Sailor Moon!" Mercury shouted.

"Got it."

Sailor Moon picked up a scepter that was shaped like a heart. "MOON SPIRAL HEART ATTACK!!!!!!!!"

Adel was really pissed now and jumped out of the way of the attack. "You really think that you can triumph? Valiant children, foolish though. I am withdrawing this time but I will be back. And I will get that sword eventually. You can't keep it from me forever." Adel threatened seconds before disappearing. "You will not defeat me."

"Yes we will and we'll overcome any other evils we come up against." Sailor Moon said under her breath.

Chibikan had gotten down to her knees to check her friends that had been subjected to the energy dome. "Vegeta, guys, are you alright?"

"Yeah. We're fine. Just a little fatigued."

"You sure took long enough getting us out of there."

"Hey, I did it as promptly as possible. At least you're okay. For now at least."

"Looks like we got a hell of an enemy on our hands."

"Hey, Vincent, you should be able to take care of her real nice shouldn't you?" Ren said, teasing her husband.

"Oh, shut up."

"Go to hell."

"Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and cap, and showed both to you. And they have poor graphics and fabric."

"I hate you sometimes."

"Okay, enough fighting. What are we going to do about this new antagonist? She seems to be pretty strong."

"What are we going to do?"

"Well, let's not think about it." Sephiroth suggested.

Chapter 3 | Go Back