Disclaimer: I don't feel like writing all that over and over again. So, see the prologue.

Author's Note: What did you think of the prologue? I've worked hard on this fic so far, so please enjoy it!

Uncertain Futures

Chapter 1

Rain poured down on Earth. There had never been such a storm as far as anyone could remember. For days lightning lite up the bleak sky while monstrous thunder rang throughout the planet. Flooding had become a serious problem everywhere not just around rivers and lakes. Homes were destroyed on a regular basis while bouts of pneumonia and the flu spread throughout the country sides.

Slowly, after three weeks of constant storming, the rain began to decrease. Lightning and thunder arubtly stopped and soon so did the freezing downpours. Now the human race was given another endless task, to try to clean up the mess from the storm, while still repairing the damage of twenty years of androids attacks.

Many people had begun to get their lives back together when once again there were homeless and starving people. The rains had caused over 500 billion dollars of damage to cities throughout the world. Also, crops, which were going to be used to help feed the thousands of hungry victims, were destroyed beyond repair.

Bulma Briefs and the entire Capsule Corporation had begun the tiring task of trying to help and save as many people as possible. Food and medical supplies were shipped to many needy countries. Packaging and shipping items soon became normal routine for the fifty employees. Bulma's son Trunks took it upon himself to quickly transfer amounts of food the nearby poverty.

One day, about two weeks after the storm, a figure was seen trudging through North City. People noticed the small figure dressed in a tattered dark cloak that hid their face and began to get suspicious. One agitated mother called the police and ordered them to arrest the person.

When the cops arrived ten minutes later, a crowd of spectators gathered to watch. The head cop calmly called out for the figure to halt and turn around to face them. But, the shuffling person just kept walking towards the center of the city. One arrogant policeman disobeyed orders and dashed towards the figure. He gripped his gun and hurled himself on top of the figure, preparing to knock them unconscious with the barrel of the gun.

But, things did not go as planned for the unfortunate man. As he jumped towards the shadowy person, they sharply turned and grasped the barrel. They threw the cop into the curious crowd with such force he nearly slammed into a brick wall. Then the entire squad of cops stared in horror as the figure twisted the gun into a pile of metal. The person tossed the once beautiful gun into the air and fired a blast out of their hand that completely obliterated it.

The crowd shrunk back in fear as the figure started walking towards the center of the city. At the time the figure blasted the gun, Trunks, Bulma, and ChiChi were heading to Capsule Corp. Trunks felt a shock of energy and hopped out of the aircar to get a better look.

"Trunks? Honey, what's wrong?" Bulma asked her lavender-haired son.

"I sensed something just now," Trunks answered before flying down to the scene of the figure's attack.

When he landed the head policeman dashed up to him with anxiety and fear, "Trunks! Thank God you're here!"

"What happened here, Kieto?"

"We got a call from some citizens about a strange figure walking around town. We came to investigate it. I called out to the person but they didn't respond at all. Then Varen here ran up to the figure and tried to knock them unconscious. But, the person turned with such speed and grabbed the gun. They tossed Varen into the crowd and destroyed the gun with some kind of a blue ball of energy. It looked like one of your blasts, in a way." Kieto explained with a panicked look on his tired face.

"What? One of mine?"

"The figure's on it's way back here!" a spectator from a two-story building cried out to the crowd.

The group of people began to panic and run towards the safety of their houses. Trunks suddenly sensed a energy signal that was slightly more powerful than a normal human and around the corner came the feared figure. Trunks strolled towards them while observing his opponent.

"Why did you attack these people?" Trunks asked.

A high-pitched yet confident voice responded, "I didn't attack them. They were the ones who tried to jump me."

"What did they do to you?"

"I was just minding my own business when that asshole of a policeman tried to hit me over the head with his idiotic gun. So, obviously I didn't let him!"

"What do you do to him?"

"I tossed him out of my way and destroyed his gun. You have a problem with that?"

"Well, yes, I do have a problem with someone who nearly kills innocent people!" Trunks said with a bit of annoyance for that attitude of their's.

The figure simply stood there under their dark hood. Then they responded, "Do you fight?"

Trunks was taken aback, "Yeah, what's that go to do with anything?"

"Fight me."

"Fight you? Why?"

"Because I want to see how strong the man who destroyed the androids truly is."

Trunks looked confused, but decided to fight the person. He got in his fighting stance and prepared himself. He looked up at the figure as they also got in a fighting stance.

The crowd began to surround the two fighters. Out of the corner of his eye, Trunks spotted his mom and ChiChi join the group of scared citizens. Then the figure dashed towards Trunks with a bit more speed than he anticipated. They prepared to punch him in the face, but at the last minute disappeared and reappeared behind him. Before Trunks could respond, the figure viciously kicked him into a brick wall.

Trunks reprimanded himself for letting his guard down and for underestimating this person. He disappeared and reappeared in front of the figure. He raised his hands for a punch and connected with the person's cheek. The figure slammed into a nearby building, but soon was flying towards the half-Saiyan warrior. The two fighters exchanged punches and kicks for a time until the figure raised their right arm and fired a semi-powerful beam to Trunks's obvious surprise.

<I guess I better not underestimate this person too much. They seem to be more powerful than any normal human.> Trunks thought to himself as he observed his opponent <But, they shouldn't be that big a problem. From the sound of their voice they must be some kid who still hasn't developed a deeper voice.>

Before the figure knew what was happening, Trunks flew towards them and began a series of punches and kicks that surprisingly the person was able to mostly block. He sensed, though, that they were weakening slightly from the blocking. But, that didn't seem to stop the mysterious fighter, for they were back on their feet and disappeared from his sight. A second later, Trunks found himself flying backwards towards the crowd with a sharp pain going through his aching ribs.

Right before he slammed into the innocent people, Trunks sharply flipped over their heads and stared at the figure.

<I'd better end this soon. This person doesn't seem to care whether any of the people get hurt.> Trunks prepared himself for a final attack.

Before the stranger could react, Trunks flew over and kicked them in the stomach and sent them flying into a wall. Like the last time, the figure wasn't too fazed from the impact. But, Trunks was expecting that. So, he launched a series of powerful blasts to the wall and the figure. Smoke filled the alleyway and when Trunks checked for the person's power signal he sensed nothing.

He relaxed thinking that he had beat the person. As the crowd surged towards him, Trunks smiled in his humble way and shrugged his shoulders.

"Not so fast, hotshot. You can't defeat me that easily."

The crowd looked towards the sound of the sarcastic voice and cried out in fear. There standing on top of a roof was the figure, black cloak flapping in the breeze.

"Well. You are stronger than you look. I guess, I'll have to pull out all the stops during this fight. But, first, I'll have to get out of all these heavy clothes." the figure commented as they flew down to the ground and Trunks glared at them. Once they reached the pavement, the figure began to push back the dark hood of the cloak as the crowd waited to see who the mystery person really was........

Chapter 2 | Go Back