Disclaimer: see prologue!

Author's Note: This was a hard chapter to write! It isn't the greatest I've written, but oh well! Also, it is kinda short too. Enjoy it and give me some feedback!!

Uncertain Futures

Chapter 8

Trunks stared at his mother in disbelief, "What do you mean, she's a half-saiyan? There's no way!" ChiChi didn't speak as she collapsed in a nearby chair.

"Well, Trunks, I've done a lot of tests on her and that is the conclusion. I mean, she even has a scar from where her tail should be!" Bulma explained to her stunned son.

"I still say there's no way she have saiyan blood! There were only two saiyans left when she would be born!" Trunks countered as ChiChi calmly watched the exchange between mother and son, "And you and ChiChi were the only human women to have children with Dad and Goku and you only had Gohan and me!" At this statement, ChiChi glanced up at Bulma whose face went pale white.

Trunks noticed the expression on his mother's face, "What's wrong, Mom?"

"Why do you ask, Trunks dear? I am perfectly fine, no problems here!" Bulma replied with a forced smile. ChiChi shook her head sadly at her friend's reactions.

"Mom, you're a terrible actress. And I am not blind! I've been noticing how you always seem to cry on my birthday, whenever I mention something about Gohan and me being the only half-saiyans you grow pale, and when we pass a girl's clothing store while shopping you start mumbling nonsense under your breath. I've tried to ignore it, but I can't any longer! What are you hiding from me? I want to know NOW!!" Trunks blurted out in frustration. His entire body shook as it seemed a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders. ChiChi glanced at Bulma, who started to weep softly into her hands.

Soon, Bulma lifted her tear-stained face, "Yes, Trunks. I have been keeping something from you for most of your life. I'm terribly sorry, but I couldn't bring myself to tell you this. I still don't think I can tell you." Bulma admitted to her shocked son before beginning to cry again.

"If you can't tell him I will, Bulma," came Angel's voice from the table. Bulma, ChiChi, and Trunks sharply turned in surprise. There was Angel, awake and alert, sitting cross-legged in the middle of the cool operating table. She had a sad smile on her pretty face as she stared at the trio intensely.

"Angel!! You're awake! How do you feel? Are you okay now?" Trunks and ChiChi began stuttering as they surrounded the table in excitement. Bulma simply stared in amazement as Trunks and ChiChi babbled on. Then a thought struck her genius mind.

"Angel? How long have you been awake and listening to us?" Bulma asked curiously while walking towards the girl.

Angel sheepishly grinned and put her hand behind her head in embarrassment, "Well, actually, I've heard everything you've been saying about me being a saiyan hybrid. I had just woken up, but heard you talking and just listened. But, at least, I know why I always was so much stronger than other humans that I met."

"Yeah, its pretty cool to think that part of you isn't human!" Trunks reassured Angel with a brother-like hug. Him and ChiChi seemed to have forgotten what they had been discussing before Angel spoke. But, Bulma certainly didn't. Now that it was the time to tell Trunks about his long gone twin sister, she was thinking about her sweet little girl and how she would have been had she had a chance to grow up. Suddenly, a thought came to her. It was a bizarre thought to say the least, but then again there were some things that triggered it.

"Angel, honey, could I ask you a few questions alone?" Bulma placed her hand on the girl's shoulders.

"Sure, Bulma, but why?"

"Just follow me," the two women strolled out of the room and into the hall. ChiChi and Trunks glanced at each other for a quick minute before pressing their ears to the door.

"So, what do you want to ask, Bulma?" Angel asked happily.

"Um...okay. Now, these questions are going to sound extremely strange at times. Some of them you have already answered, but bear with me and answer them again," Bulma began.

"Uh...sure...whatever you say, Bulma," Angel said, beginning to get nervous.

"Fine. First question, how old were you when you were attacked by the androids?"

"Three."

"You know that for a fact?"

"Not really, that's just what the doctors guessed."

"How old are you now?"

"Well, according to the doctors' guesses, I'm twenty-three."

"Where were you discovered by your 'parents'?"

"Under a grove of trees near this city."

"Do you know what you were wearing when they found you?"

Angel looked in surprise at Bulma's question, "Well, actually, I do. My parents always told me that when I came down from heaven into their lives I was wearing a dark blue dress with white buttons down the front and a blue sash.

Bulma's face froze at this answer, "Oh, dear. I had thought it a possibility, but I didn't actually think it would be true! Oh, Kami, thank you so much!"

"Bulma, um...not to be rude, but what are you babbling about?"

"Angel, this may sound bizzare to you, but I feel I must tell you." Bulma could barely keep her cool as she struggled to get something out.

"All right, but could anything be stranger than me being half-alien?"

"Yes. Anyway, my little girl, Cami, remember her?"

"Of course, but why..."

"The day that Cami went missing she was wearing a dark blue dress with white buttons and a blue sash. She was wearing the exact same outfit you were wearing when you were discovered by your parents. Cami also had black hair the color of the midnight sky, like yours, and eyes the color of ice, like your eyes."

Angel looked at Bulma for a minute, but then reality hit her and her eyes popped out, "Oh, Kami! There's no other explanation for it. All my life I've wondered and now I know."

"Yes, Angel, you are my daughter, Vegara Camisole Briefs," Bulma burst into tears and threw herself into her long-lost daughter's arms. She sobbed with happiness as she looked into the face she never thought she would see until she died.

It was during this moment that Trunks and ChiChi wandered out of the room and stopped when they saw Bulma clinging to Angel as tears cascaded down her cheeks. Angel wasn't much better as she clung to the sobbing Bulma without the slightest hint of letting go.

"I've missed you so much. Now I remember everything about that day. I'm so sorry I wandered off and caused you such sadness. I promise I'll never leave you again. I love you, Mommy!" Trunks's eyes bulged out as he heard Angel call his mother 'Mommy'. ChiChi had known about Cami and what was going on registered in her mind quickly and she started to cry with happiness. Finally, after five minutes, Bulma and Angel separated from their hug.

"Okay, now that you are done. Will someone please explain what's going on? And why in the world is Angel calling my mother 'Mommy'?" Trunks asked in frustration.

"Oh, Trunks! I'm so sorry I never told you. I shouldn't have kept it a secret from you for so long. You deserved to know the truth. But, no more secrets, honey. Never again!" Bulma hugged her other child before continuing, "Trunks, I never told you. But, you are not an only child as a matter of fact you are a twin."

Trunks stared in awe at his mother's words, "What? I'm a twin? How is that possible? I never knew of another child."

"Well, Trunks, what happened was you had a twin sister named Vegara Camisole, or Cami for short. When you were two, Cami wandered off into the woods and I assumed she had been killed by the androids," Bulma quickly responded, "I meant to tell you, but I could never find the right time to tell you."

"But, why are you telling me now, Mom?"

"Because it turns out that your sister was not killed by the androids as I thought. She was saved by a wonderful couple who took care of her until their own death at the hands at the androids. Then finally my daughter, Cami, foudn her way back to me. Angel is your twin sister, Trunks!" Bulma blurted out as Trunks stared at Angel who looked back at him with a teary expression on her lovely face.

Without knowing what he was doing, Trunks walked towards Angel as she strolled towards him. He looked into Angel's eyes and marveled how identical their eyes were. She was his twin. Even if his mind didn't fully comprehend what was going on, his heart understood and it was his heart that led him to pull his long-lost twin sister into their first hug in twenty years while Bulma looked on with a smile of excitement on her face. Her children were back together again!

Go Back