---Chapter One---

It was a nice, sunny day in Tokyo, Japan. Tsukino Usagi hopped happily along with her empty lunchbag, returning from an annual visit to her school, Crossroads Junior High. "Finally! We finally get to have a break from those entrance exams!" She yelled happily.

Mizuno Ami-chan raised an index finger. "But, the weekend gives us all more time to study for the math exam! How about we do it at Hikawa Shrine, alright, Hino Rei-chan?"

Aino Minako shook her head and sighed. "Mizuno Ami-chan, you are really working us to death with all of this studying! Give us a break!"

Hino Rei nodded. "Really! I've studied sooo much that I can hardly dream about guys with all of those equations and facts zooming around in my brain!"

Kino Makoto giggled. "I'm totally with Hino Rei-chan! How can I dream about my X-boyfriend if I have only equations in my head?"

Tsukino Usagi blinked. "How did me being happy lean towards a conversation about studying?" She tightened her face. "I don't even want to mention studying! I was so happy, you guys already ruined it by reminding me ..." Up ahead, Tsukino Usagi saw her Mamo-chan, Chiba Mamoru, riding his motorbike down the road. She stood on the side of the road and waved him down.

He stopped near the curb and lifted off his helmet. "What do you want, Usa-ko?" She smiled, turned around , and secretly stuck out her tongue at Hino Rei. She turned back around. "Mamo-chan, could you give me a ride to the park?"

He smiled. "Sure! Just grab a helmet and hop on!"

As the rumbled off, Hino Rei stopped her foot. "That Tsukino Usagi! Always trying to show off!"

Aino Minako laughed. "Is 'lil Hino Rei-chan JEALOUS?" They kept teasing Hino Rei like that all the rest of the way to Hikawa Shrine.

Meanwhile, Chiba Mamoru and Tsukino Usagi sped off toward the park. Tsukino Usagi looked all around and tried to pull her hair out of Mamo-chan's face. "C'mon, Usa-ko, get your hair outta my face or I'll crash!" He started swerving.

"I'm trying to!" she yelled. She finally succeeded and sighed. The park loomed up in front of them.

Chiba Mamoru skidded to a stop. "Here we are." Tsukino Usagi took off her helmet and let her hair flow to the ground. She turned around to say thank you and was surprised to see Chiba Mamoru standing beside the parked bike with his helmet off. "I have time to spare." He smiled. "Let's go watch the sun set." Tsukino Usagi blinked. It was already that late? Well, she could spend time with Mamo-chan...

They found a bench in the middle of the park, facing west. Sitting on it, they looked at the sun. It was a third of the way hidden by the horizon, and the sky around it was yellowish red.

Tsukino Usagi felt a kind of heavyness on her shoulder and looked over to see Chiba Mamoru's arm around her shoulder. "I love the sunset..." He said, staring dreamily toward the horizon. Tsukino Usagi leaned her head against his shoulder. She sighed and remembered the old, peaceful times on the moon, when they met in secret, when they weren't supposed to.

As the sky turned more to navy and black, and stars started to dot across the sky she sat up. " I have to go, Mamo-chan... thanks..."

He put his hand on her head, between the meatball-like buns. They stood up. "G'bye..." Chiba Mamoru turned her around with his hands on her shoulders. He leaned down to kiss her and she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

She looked at the clock tower near downtown. "8:30?! Mom is gonna kill me!" Chiba Mamoru chuckled as he watched her run and trip over various objects, trying to get home quickly. He hopped on his moter bike and rode off into the night.

(Authors Note: I know the chapter was short & sweet, but that's to add juice to the story, you know? I will be working on this, but it will take me a while.)

Chapter 2