Chapter 1

It was a beautiful summer day, Chibikan knew it. She also knew that in a few weeks, or even a few days, she would help to bring a new life into the universe. But she was worried about what that terrible sorceress would try. This was a crucial corner and they had gone months without seeing hide nor hair of Adel. After all, in this condition, Chib could not battle.

Chib was sitting on a rock next to a stream in the yard of Capsule Corp. She held the star crystal. "Man, I sure hope Adel doesn't attack now but if she does I will have to fight. The others depend on me and I can't let them down. Whether or not this baby is born, if she does have the gull to attack I'll just have to hope my baby can handle the constant movement."

"Chib, what you doing out here?"

"Nothing Sephiroth."

"You're worried aren't you?"

"Yeah. What if Adel tries something while I'm like this?"

"Well, if she does you're not fighting."

"I have to, though."

"Listen, if you're worried about letting us down by not fighting, don't. We know that you're carrying an unborn life."

Just then Chib felt something. "Oh my, the baby just kicked. That reminds me, I have a physical today and it's in, oh my god, 20 minutes. I'd better get my butt in gear."

Chib started to power up for a take off when Sephiroth stopped her. "Huh uh. No flying. I'll drive you there."

"Alright, but we better hurry."

Meanwhile, up in her tower, Adel was watching. "This is the perfect time to go and get that sword. With her heavy with child she won't fight. I'll attack tonight, they won't suspect a thing."

At the health center...

"Well Chib, you're in excellent health. Now, I need to do a routine ultra sound. You know, to make sure the baby is in good health and is facing the proper direction."

The ultra sound went smoothly but the doctor had a big surprise for Chib and Sephiroth. "Chib, the ultrasound showed that the baby was fine but there's something the ultrasound missed the last few times. It turns out that you're not only having one baby but two."

"WHAT?"

"Do you mean to say I'm having twins?"

"Yes, and both are in great condition."

"Now I really hope Adel doesn't attack."

"Any day now and you'll have two new additions to your family."

"That's wonderful. Is it time to go home yet?"

"Yeah, that's all for today. See you in a few days."

Chapter 2 | Go Back