Disclaimer: see prologue.

A/N: I know that the last chapter had a weird ending, but this chapter is a continuation of Angel's life story. Like the last chapter, this is an important chapter so I may change parts of it to match the rest of the story. Enjoy and review please!

Uncertain Futures

Chapter 5

Angel continued her depressing life story, "For the next six years, I was on my own. I survived by hiding out from the androids and I also stole things like food. I never liked doing it, but there was nothing left for me to do. And through it all I kept up my search for my parents. I got pretty good at avoiding the androids by hiding in caves and ravines."

"When I was about twelve, I was in Red Star City, I think, and the androids began an attack on the city. Fortunately, I had some experience at hiding from those awful monsters, so I quickly masked my energy and ducked into a nearby pile of debris. I stayed there for what seemed like hours until the androids finally left. I was about to climb out when I noticed that my prosthesis was buried underneath a pile of cement blocks. I tried unsuccessfully to push the stones off my leg, but I hadn't eaten for days so I was a lot weaker than usual."

"I shifted the debris above my head so I could be found easier. After about an hour of waiting and I was almost asleep, I heard some voices close to me and I called out for them to please help me. A group of three people came over and began to help me escape. The largest boy, who looked about thirteen, knelt next to me and struggled to shift the cement from my leg. It was a little too heavy for him, so the rest of the group also helped lift the remains off my prosthesis. After the stones were removed, the group tried to help me up, but I couldn't stand."

"You see, my prosthesis, which was hidden underneath my pant leg, had been twisted backwards. But, the people didn't know that so they thought I had a broken leg. They tried to lay me down and lift my pant leg to set the bone, but I refused their offers and quickly snapped off my prosthesis so I could rotate it to it's proper position." ChiChi turned a pale shade of green at that remark.

"Well, let me tell you, I thought they were going to have heart attacks from the expressions on their faces. One of the girls actually fainted from the sight of me popping off my leg. Quickly, I explained to them that I had lost my leg eight years ago and wore a prosthesis. They sighed in relief and I, while sitting down obviously, rotated my prosthesis and attached it back to my leg."

"The group gave me some very welcome food so I could regain my strength. Then they introduced themselves to me. They were three siblings, two girls and one boy. The boy, the one who tried to help me escape, was fourteen and was named Leather. He had identical twin twelve-year-old sisters named Denim and Lace."

"They explained to me that they had been orphans since the twins was seven. Their parents had been killed in one of the numerous attacks of the androids. They had been living alone for years and had to make a ends-meet by stealing and beating the variety of gangs for food money. I asked if I could join them, seeing as I had nowhere else to go. They told I could, but only if I fought Leather in a martial arts match. I quickly agreed because I hadn't had a good fight in ages."

"Well, the match soon started and Leather began to attack me with punches and kicks. He was strong, but he wasn't much of a challenge for me, even when I was eleven. I had been training myself for years by watching the androids techniques and modifying them. But, I hadn't fought anyone in over six years so I really had no clue exactly how much stronger I was than most humans."

"So, when Leather did a powerful swing kick, I caught his leg, much to his surprise, and without thinking, I grabbed the front of his shirt and threw him very high into the air. I flew after him and caught him in a strangle hold about twenty stories above the ground. He was screaming in both pain and terror. I didn't know that he couldn't fly so I let him go when he gave up. Well, I learned pretty fast that he couldn't fly when he went hurtling towards the cement. I grabbed him before he could hit and set him down on his feet." Trunks grinned at the tale of the fight between Angel and Leather.

"Leather, Denim, and Lace were staring in disbelief at me when I landed. They got over their surprise and quickly invited me to be in their group. So, the next nine years of my life was spent with this group of people. We defeated many gangs, mostly I did the work. We also exchanged fighting techniques. I taught them how to fly and throw energy blasts while they taught me how to use telekinesis."

"But, after nine years of hiding from the androids, we were attacked. Leather, Denim, and Lace tried the best they could, but the androids beat them no problem. I was the only one left so they advanced on me."

"They beat on me for hours until I was nearly dead. Then, for some reason, the images of my friends dying flashed through my mind and I felt an uncontrollable rage burst through my body. My energy level shot up and all I saw were the those memories. I don't remember much about that peak of energy, but I do remember my battle aura being so powerful it glowed.

"The androids looked at me in shock when I launched myself straight at Android 18. I punched her like I never punched somebody before in my life. I was actually starting to win when Android 17 joined the fight and I couldn't defeat both of them."

"They had almost killed me when you arrived, Trunks. They ignored me for the rest of the time. As you killed them, I had hidden behind a destroyed building and watched the entire thing. From that point on, I decided that I would train my body to it's limits and then challenge you to a match. I felt that if I could defeat you than I would know that I could have defeated the androids and avenge my loved ones' deaths."

"So, I trained strenuously for three years in a remote forest. I learned about Cell only through passerbys to the forest. But, despite all my training, I couldn't reach that overwhelming rage to advance my energy level like when I fought the androids. Finally though, I felt like I couldn't improve that much and headed out to find you. I only had to search for two weeks until I ended up in this city. And the rest of the story you know." Angel finished her brief account of her life.

Bulma leaned over and wrapped Angel in a calming hug. ChiChi wiped away the few tears that had leaked out during the story. Trunks shifted uncomfortably at the pain she had to go through. Angel, though, finished her story with a smile on her unusually cheerful face.

"So...that's about it for my life. Now it's your turn, guys," Angel remarked as she relaxed in her chair.

Bulma, ChiChi, and Trunks nervously glanced at each other as if to ask silently which of them would be the one to tell their story. Unfortunately for Trunks the combined glares from both Bulma and ChiChi singled him out fairly quickly. He sighed with frustration and slumped in his chair.

For the next half hour, Trunks described their lives before and during the androids. Throughout the story, Angel's expressions changed as she processed the information he revealed to her. Bulma and ChiChi sat calmly remembering their husbands and friends of the past. They even shed a few tears at the mention of the many deaths twenty years ago. When Trunks was finished Angel was staring in disbelief at him.

"So...the Goku that I studied when I was young is actually your husband, ChiChi? And he wasn't a human, but one of the last of a warrior alien race? And, Bulma, your husband was the other remaining member of that race? Trunks, and you are not an ordinary human after all, but you are half-human, half-saiyan?"Angel asked with her blue eyes opened wide.

The trio laughed as they nodded their heads in response. Then while Angel got over the shock, Bulma and ChiChi began to clear the table and clean the kitchen and Trunks left the house for reasons unknown. Angel decided not to follow and instead got ready to help Bulma and ChiChi tackle the dirty dishes.

For the next two days, Bulma and ChiChi were amazed by how easy all their once exhausting chores were to Angel. She easily flew about the building, cleaning and organizing. ChiChi even began to notice that Angel seemed to have a very familiar way of doing things like cleaning and even cooking.

Angel had been living at Capsule Corp. for about two weeks when Trunks decided that it was time to introduce her to the gravity room. When she entered the room for the first time, Angel looked around the spacious metal arena in awe.

"So...this is where you train?"Angel asked.

"Yeah. It's helpful, but it's still gets boring not having any sparring partners anymore," Trunks confessed as he showed her around, "Say....would you like to fight me, Angel?"

Angel whipped around, "What? Why would you want to fight me? I mean, you're part alien and I'm only an ordinary human. How good of a fight could I give you?"

"Humans can be strong also, you know. A couple of my mom's friends were humans and also helped fight enemies. The strongest was a little, bald man named Krillin. And going back to you, I sensed your power when we fought two weeks ago. And you are more powerful than Krillin or any of the other human fighters I knew. I mean, you nearly beat me when I was at Super Saiyan mode," Trunks assured her.

"Wait a minute! Rewind and pause the tape. First, what do you mean I am more powerful than those others?"

"I'm serious. Your energy could practically blow them out of the water. You almost killed me with that one attack of yours."

Angel smiled sheepishly at the mention of the Psychic Flame, "All right, fair enough. Second, what's a Super Saiyan?"

"That's when I powered up and my hair and aura turned gold and my eyes turned greenish blue. It's some kind of a transformation for Saiyans. For centuries, Super Saiyan was just a legend. The legend said that every couple thousand years one of these perfect warriors would appear. I guess, the legend was a little inaccurate. You see, Goku, my dad, and Goku's son, Gohan, could all go Super Saiyan like I can," Trunks explained, "And let me tell you that since you could nearly defeat me as a Super Saiyan proves that you really are a powerful fighter. So, be my sparring partner."

Angel grinned, "Oh, all right. Just let me find some proper fighting clothes." Then she dashed out of the gravity room and went off in search of Bulma.

Chapter 6 | Go Back