Disclaimer: see prologue.

A/N: This chapter is probably the shortest I've written so far. I just had a lot of trouble writing what I wanted. Please review!!

Uncertain Futures

Chapter 6

Bulma was standing out on the front porch waving good-bye to ChiChi as she headed off to her own house when Angel found her.

"Bulma? I was wondering if you had some training clothes I could borrow," Angel asked.

"I guess. What do you need training clothes for, anyway?"

"Trunks asked me to be his sparring partner and I can't fight very well in these clothes," Angel tugged at one of her borrowed denim oufits. Bulma smiled and headed off to her room to find some clothes for Angel to wear. Once there she rumbled through her closet while Angel sat on the queen-sized bed.

Angel was looking around the room with curiousity and noticed a group of picture frames on Bulma's dresser. She stood up and sauntered over to get a better look. Smiling, Angel saw a large wooden frame hidden in the back. She carefully picked it up and looked at it.

The picture looked like some kind of family picture. In front was what looked like a younger version of Bulma dressed in a simple denim skirt and red tank top with her hair held back with a red headband. She had her arm around a handsome man with an amazing hair style. It was black and spiked up like a troll. The man was dressed in what looked like some kind of fighting armor. She figured that he must be Trunks's father. Bulma held a baby with big blue eyes and a head of lavender hair wrapped in a blue blanket. <This must be Trunks when he was a baby.> Angel thought. She was just about to put the picture down when she noticed that the black-haired man was also holding something.

Angel looked closer and saw that it was another baby, but this was one was wrapped in a pink blanket. So, she concluded that it must be a girl. The little girl had big blue eyes identical to Trunks, but instead of lavender she had a full head of beautiful black hair. She stared at the little girl, confused. She thought that Bulma had said that she only had one child.

"I found some things for you to chose from, Angel. Now, what are you looking at?" Bulma tossed a selection of clothes on the bed and stood next to the dresser. Angel handed her the picture and Bulma stared at it as a film of tears formed over her eyes. "Oh...I....I." Bulma stammered.

"Bulma? I figured out that the man must be Trunks's father," Angel said as Bulma nodded, "But, who is that little girl? I thought you told me that you only had one child and that was Trunks." Bulma sighed and gestured for Angel to sit on the bed.

"I know I told you that I only had one child. I kind of lied. I have only child now. The little girl in that picture was Trunks's twin sister. She disappeared one day while I was trying to calm down Trunks. I searched for her for hours until I found the ribbon she had been wearing in her hair, burnt," Bulma gently pulled out a torn blue ribbon from underneath her mattress as tears flowed down her face. Angel gasped in horror at the thought of Bulma finding that ribbon on the ground.

Bulma continued while caressing the old ribbon, "I knew then that my little girl must had been attacked by the androids and killed. I thought my entire life was over until I saw my baby boy playing with his grandfather. I knew in the back of my mind that I would always grieve for my little girl, but I couldn't afford to get hysterical when I had a son to care for. So, I went on with my life while grieving only in private. Trunks doesn't remember his sister so he has no clue that he wasn't an only child for about two years."

"Bulma, that's awful. I am so sorry about your daughter. What was her name?" Angel hugged Bulma to comfort her.

"Her name was Vegara after Vegeta's mother. We had decided when they were born that I would chose the name for our son and Vegeta would chose for our daughter. I can only imagine how Vegeta would deal with the news about his little girl. She was probably the only person he was nice to 24/7. I remember when he was alive, he was always calling her his 'little princess' and playing little games with her. Now I know that most dads do that, but Vegeta could rightfully call her that. You see, Vegeta was the prince of all the Saiyans before he died. Therefore, Vegara actually was a princess," Bulma explained to Angel's shocked expression.

"You mean, that Trunks is not only an alien, but he is the prince? Wow, how rare is that? So, you've never told Trunks about Vegara?" Angel asked.

"No. It was just too painful for me to mention. It was hard enough telling my parents, ChiChi, and Gohan. I just couldn't force myself to tell him."

"But, you just told me everything. How am I different from Trunks?"

"I don't really know why I told you. But, there is something about you that makes me feel open to my feelings like when I was young," Bulma shrugged, "Now, what do you think about these clothes for your training?" Angel noticed that she changed the subject, but decided not to push it. After some consideration and numerous changes, Angel headed towards the gravity room dressed in a pair of tight black pants, and a red sports bra. Her long black hair was twisted into a braid and then pinned on top of her head in a bun.

"Trunks! Open up!" Angel screamed into the intercom that went into the gravity room. Trunks quickly opened the huge metal door and stared in awe at Angel's outfit.

"Trunks, you're drooling," Angel laughed as she entered the room. Trunks blushed scarlet before following her. Once in the middle of the room, Angel started to warm-up. She did some quick arm and leg stretches before she flipped into a headstand. Once in the headstand she flipped into various yoga positions such as the cobra. She soon flipped upright again and nodded to Trunks that she was ready.

Trunks smiled his approval and blurred out of sight. Angel looked around flustered until Trunks appeared next to her and kicked her in the ribs. She fell backwards before she caught herself with her hands and flipped towards the ceiling. She then hurled herself at Trunks, catching him off-guard, and smashed her fist right into his right cheek. Trunks reacted by grabbing Angel's thin waist and throwing her across the room. Then, quick as lightning, he started to pummel her with punches.

Angel blocked some and did a fancy flip kick that sent Trunks flying into a wall. The fight went on like this for a long time. Neither one seemed to be able to get the advantage over the other. Then the two tired yet satisfied fighters stopped and headed out to get some food.

They met Bulma in the kitchen where she was whipping up a couple dozen sandwiches and bowls of rice for lunch. Quickly, the three people ate lunch and afterwards Angel wanted to train again in the gravity room. Trunks, though, decided to sit with his mom in the kitchen for awhile. Angel shrugged and headed off quickly to the gravity room.

After she was gone, Bulma asked, "So, Trunks, how do you like Angel?"

"Well....at first I didn't really like her because of that attitude of hers. But, now she seems a lot happier and not so protective," Trunks answered while leaning back in his chair.

"No...Trunks. I meant what do you think of her?"

"What do you mean, Mom?"

"Okay....I guess what I am trying to ask is....do you find her attractive?"

Trunks almost fell out of his chair at that question, "Now why would you ask me something like that?"

"I just would like to know whether you like like her at all," Bulma tried to keep a straight face.

"But, why would it matter to you?" Trunks countered back.

Bulma blushed scarlet, "Okay I'll be honest with you, Trunks. You are twenty-two and you're a grown man, but I can't help worry about you at times. You've gone out with five different girls in the past two months alone. If you recall, you just broke up with Juliana a couple of days ago. I don't mean to nag, but you need to settle down with someone eventually."

"Mom....." Trunks groaned, "I will settle down, but I need to find the perfect person first."

"But, do you find Angel at least a little bit attractive?"

"You are impossible, Mom. Since you won't stop until I answer, yes. I think Angel is pretty. Now, are you satisfied?" Trunks threw up his hands in defeat.

"I knew it! So, why don't you ask her out on a date sometime?"

"I would, but there's something strange I feel about her. For some reason, she doesn't make me feel the same way around her that I feel around other girls. There's some kind of connection that doesn't feel romantic to me," Trunks confessed to the surprise of his nosy mother. Bulma was just about to say something in response when Trunks and her heard an intense explosion come from the gravity room. Quickly, they hurried from the kitchen table and found the gravity room completely destroyed.

Chapter 7 | Go Back