Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ. I am not making any money on this story. But, any characters that are not in the original DBZ story are property of me and I would like it if you would ask permission before using them. Merci beaucoup!!

A/N: This is an A/U Mirai Trunks universe fic. A powerful stranger arrives and a deep hidden secret is revealed. Enjoy it! -- SunsetDancer

Uncertain Futures

Prologue

The chilly wind blew her tangled hair about her shoulders. Her tattered clothes hung loosely on her thin frame. An expression of pure sadness was sketched on her face. The steady torrent of tears ran down her somber face. Her large, tear-filled eyes were locked on to something ahead of her.

In front of her, a large log cabin lay in ruins. The fires that had been blazing for two hours were extinguished by the recent downpour. Still the burnt and blackened wood rested there like dead animals. Bits of charred cloth peeked out of tiny holes in the once beautiful house.

And, above all the destroyed wood, were two human bodies. Both were barely recognizable, but it was easily determined was they were a man and a woman. From their size and stature, they seemed to be about forty years old. The man had short light brown hair that was soaked with dark red blood. His green eyes were vacant. He looked about 5'7 with a muscular stature. The woman was slightly shorter and was a petite form. Her shoulder-length red curls fell in tangles against her bruised pale face. Gorgeous blue eyes stared off into nothingness.

The young girl simply stared at them in horror. They were her parents and she couldn't imagine life without them. They had cared for her since they found her when she was just three-years old. She remembered all the stories her mother told her about the androids, but was never told that they would actually appear and destroy everything it sight. Her mother always told her that they wouldn't bother with a little girl like her again. Clear memories of how her mother ordered her to run and hide in the half-destroyed forest filled her mind.

At the time, she thought they were playing a little game and had happily dashed off. But, after ten minutes of waiting she snuck out of her hiding spot and headed towards their home. It was then that she heard a shrill cry of pain fill the summery air. In the back of her mind, she could sense a strange yet powerful energy. She picked up speed, but when she got to the house, it was on fire and her parents were nowhere to be found.

She searched for hours throughout the nearby forests, but didn't find a trace. Then a storm blew in and raged on for thirty minutes while she shivered with cold under a sycamore tree. After the storm was over, she headed back to the cabin and almost fainted at what she saw. The rain had obviously put out the fires and now laying dead near their beloved house were her parents. That had only been twenty minutes ago.

"Well, I'll make those androids did this pay for what they have done, I swear it." the girl vowed as she turned and walked towards the forest.

She strolled through the nearly-destroyed forests that was once her playground. Observing her surroundings, she smiled at the detailed memories of playing amongst the trees. She saw the skyline of a nearby city and headed off to find her parents' assassins.

A beam of sunshine split through the gray clouds and the girl looked up and smiled at the warmth that filled her body. She was imagining her parents looking down at her from heaven when suddenly a blurry image appeared before her.

"Angel," the womanly figure called out.

"Mommy?"

"Yes, it's me."

"What are you doing here? I thought you were dead."

"I am, sweetie. But, King Yemma allowed me a couple minutes to talk to you."

"About what?"

"Angel, remember how we found you in the woods four years ago? And you had been attacked by the androids?"

"Yeah, so?" she responded while grimacing at the memory of the injuries she withstood as a result of the androids.

"King Yemma said that it is your destiny to find your bloodlines. I think one of your parents might still be alive. Find them."

"What? I don't remember my parents at all. How could they help me even if I could find them?"

"That is for you to figure out on your own. Now I've got to go. Take care of yourself, darling. Remember I will always be watching you." the image said as she disappeared in a blinding flash of white light.

"Wait! Mommy! Come back! Don't leave me!" the girl cried out towards the sky. She fell to the ground whimpering to herself. She soon cried herself to sleep on the green forest floor.

The next morning, she woke up and after eating a large breakfast, headed towards the city. The words of her mother still fresh in her mind, but she was going avenge her foster parents' deaths first, then she would find her biological parents.

Chapter 1 | Go Back